Honda Clarity Plug-In Hybrid vs Toyota Prius Prime
If you’re looking to take to the streets in a stylish and efficient hybrid, you’ve got some options. But if you’re torn between the Honda Clarity Plug-In Hybrid or the Toyota Prius Prime, you’ll want to learn more to determine which hybrid model is right for you and your trips around Huntington Beach, Westminster, or Orange County.
At Norm Reeves Honda Superstore Huntington Beach, we’re here to help you decide on the hybrid model that’s right for you! This Clarity Plug-In Hybrid vs Prius Prime comparison will show you what each vehicle offers, how they differ, and which hybrid model is best for your California dreams! Contact us today.
Hybrid Engine Specs & Performance
- When it comes to the Honda Clarity Plug-In Hybrid vs Toyota Prius Prime, both models are plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEV), and both feature engine and electric motor systems.
- The Honda Clarity Plug-In Hybrid features a 1.5L In-Line 4-Cylinder engine that boasts 103 horsepower, while the Prius Prime has a 1.8L In-Line 4-Cylinder engine that generates 95 horsepower.
- Both engines work with their respective electric motors to boast more horsepower and torque while improving fuel efficiency. However, the Clarity Plug-In is able to boast 212 net horsepower, while the Prius Prime maxes out at only 121 net horsepower.
In-Cabin Features & Technology
The Honda Clarity Plug-In Hybrid and Toyota Prius Prime each come with some pretty impressive features within their respective cabins.
- The Honda Clarity features an 8-inch touchscreen display, while the Toyota Prius Prime comes equipped with a 7-inch screen.
- Each vehicle includes a variety of media options, like USB/auxiliary inputs, Bluetooth® connectivity, 3 months of SiriusXM® Radio, and more. The Honda Clarity also adds HD Radio™.
- Both hybrid models feature Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™. These features will integrate your phone into each car’s respective touchscreen so you can directly access your apps, media, texts, contacts, and more.
- However, the Clarity also comes with HondaLink®, which will connect your vehicle to your phone—giving you the ability to remotely unlock, start, and even locate your vehicle.
Driver-Assisting Technology Features
- The Honda Clarity Plug-In Hybrid and Toyota Prius Prime both come standard with driver-assisting technology systems: Honda Sensing® and Toyota Safety Sense™ P, respectively.
- These features include collision mitigation systems, lane-keeping systems, adaptive cruise controls, and more. However, the Honda Clarity Plug-In Hybrid comes with the additional Road Departure Mitigation System.
Honda Clarity Plug-In Hybrid vs Toyota Prius Prime: Decide on Your Hybrid
By now, you’re probably pretty familiar with both hybrid vehicles. You’ve learned all about their engineering, their features, and their technology. But while you’ve learned a great deal about both, you may have noticed the Clarity Plug-In has a bit more to offer in all of these categories.
Would you like to learn more about the Honda Clarity PHEV? Drop by and see us at Norm Reeves Honda Superstore Huntington Beach for a closer look, or simply schedule a test drive to see if it’s the right vehicle for your adventures around Huntington Beach, Westminster, and Orange County!